Tuesday, January 23, 2007


Back To The Streets


Well after my prayer walk through the city of Harrisburg, PA, I figured I was in for a pound.

So my next stop was an anti-war rally/march in Washington DC. This was still early in the opposition, when a group called ANSWER was basically the only group standing against the war.

So I got outta bed, made a breakfast of bacon, frozen waffles and coffee and heading to a local mall, which was where we were staging for the drive to DC. On the way I chatted with a group of young people who would become frequent participants in activities.

The rally itself featured a variety of speakers from ANSWER and their allies. This was before the group became a albatross for the anti-war/anti-imperialist movement and United for Peace and Justice emerged as the voice of opposition.

But it was fun to march through DC and meet people from all over the country. Of course, the march Saturday may be fun as I may be part of a contingent from Turn Left Interactive. This is an on-line community I've been a part of since 1994, I may be one of the few "originals" left.

My next act of dissent would be a pilgrimage to a place where opponents of a past war gave the ultimate sacrifice.