Monday, May 29, 2006


Remembering The Fallen


Odd thing happened to me a few days ago. A co-worker who I gave the link to this site to asked me why I don't keep a running total of troop casualities.

My answer was that I kinda made an agreement with my Dad, a Vietnam Veteran, that I wouldn't put things that could be construed as being critical of the troops. That and I see our people over there as people who choose that career path and that like people in most lines of work may have to do things they don't like.

But why do so many folks get so upset when the issue of casualities come up? Could it be that most of them have come as part of an occupation that seems like it will never end. I've been lucky that the "BushFlock" hasn't really caused trouble at either of the two "Eyes Wide Open" exhibits I've been at.

Could it be that they don't like seeing the count approach the number of Americans who lost their lives on 9-11. The idea that Bush will soon be responsible for as many American deaths as Bin Laden? Terrorists are supposed to kill Americans, leaders are supposed to keep us safe.

Or could it be simpler than that. That they just don't want to admit that people are dying based on lies and in pursuit of Empire.