Wednesday, March 29, 2006


The 12


One of the reason's I haven't been updating as much is that I've been putting a lot of energy into my efforts to find work.

Next Thursday, I plan on seeing how much all of this work has paid off when I make a trek to Philadelphia, PA for the Idealist.org Non-Profit Job Fair.

With over 90 organizations in attendance, I need to pick my targets wisely. After a look I narrowed the field down to twelve:

  • ACORN

  • Clean Water Action

  • Empowerment Group

  • Intercommunity Action

  • PIRG (Public Interest Research Group)

  • Playing For Peace (group that uses Basketball to build understanding)

  • RHD (Resources for Human Development)

  • SEIU 1199P(Health Care Workers)

  • Sierra Club

  • TeamChildren

  • UNITE-HERE

  • Working America



Noteably absent are the Peace Corps and Americorps. I've realized that my financial situation prohibits me from seeking work with these two organizations.

I'm also working on a portfolio that will incorporate this page; American Alliance/Road To Gilead and the "Media Portal" I've developed.

I feel good about my chances, and that has to be a good thing.

No comments: