Tuesday, March 23, 2004


Daily Report




Lessons From Iraq


The following article from Working For Change takes a look at some lessons learned over the last year. Of course, they aren't what Bush and the war party want's us to know.


Peace Over War


I am holding this over for the remainder of the week. It's a poem I wrote and recited at the rally on the 20th.

Right clenched fist.
Oil-fueled blood lust.
Poor men fighting for the rich.
A new empire beckons.

Left open hand,
stop, wait, think.
Question the knowledge.
Ask what you're being fed,
corporate processed
for the protection of the powerful.

I've chosen my path.
Closed hands hide things.
WMD's that can be debunked
with WMI's.

I choose to tread the path of peace.

Peace is pre-emptive.
Eliminate the fuel
and you quench the flame.

Stand like the heroes did.
Fear in their hearts,
fire in their bellies.
We're on a roll now
but need to keep on.